Many people ask what it takes to get a custom quilt made. To see what I have done for previous customers, look at the Handmade Quilts page. See what you like. Also, be prepared to answer a few questions.
1. What size do you want? And for what purpose? Some people want a quilt purely for decorations. Some want it for their guest room (not a lot of use, but it looks pretty!). Others want it to be used daily. Knowing the size and use helps a ton in the customization process.
2. What colors do you like or want in the quilt? One or two colors is a good start. Narrowing choices down by what you DON'T like is also helpful. Most quilts need about three colors to work really well. But some are wonderful in one or two. You decide.
3. Tell me what kinds of prints/patterns you like in fabrics and what you might not like. For example, some people really HATE florals or even polka dots. Others only want solids. What is your preference? Is there any activity you want to appear in a subtle way through the fabric (i.e. hiking, the beach, basketball)?
4. Then choose what you like from the gallery. What stands out to you? Why did this quilt speak to you? If nothing is, but you know you want to use Quilts a la Mode to make you a quilt, state the kind of things you like in a quilt. What stands out to you when you think about having the quilt of your dreams?
5. Then think about any upgrades or add-ons. What kind of fabrics do you want? Some are a bit pricier than others. Do you want custom pillowcases? Those can also be included--completely customizable, of course.
Once we have talked via email, I will provide a few digital mock-ups. We will talk some more and narrow down the mock-ups until we get the quilt you have envisioned. From there, I will send an invoice to you via PayPal. This allows you to be a part of the creative process as much or as little as you want and to see my process from start to finish. My goal is to make you happy and be transparent throughout the process.
The prices you see for each size are the base price.
Average quilt sizes are as follows (but can be adjusted if desired):
Baby 30" x 40"
Crib 36" x 52"
Throw 50" x 65"
Twin 70" x 90"
Full 85" x 108"
Queen 90" x 108"
King110" x 110"
Are you ready to start this journey? Let's do this! email me today to start this creative process. email@example.com